- 1.What is your name?
- 3.How do you self-identify ethnically?
- a)non-Australian: (include nation/s)
- c)Torres Strait
- d)South Sea Islander
- e)Aboriginal: include nation/s
- 4.List languages spoken at home
- 5.Are you currently in full-time employment? Yes/ No
- 6.Are you caring for family members? Yes/ No
- 7.Are you studying? Yes/ No
- 8.How regularly do you attend church?
- 9.How long have you attended your current church?
- 10.What three words would you use to describe your church to someone who has not been?
a) _____________ b) ______________ c) ________________
Culture & The Arts
- 11.How do you feel when you are in church?
- 12.Have you felt the presence of God in church within:
- b)Visual art
- d)Movies/ Video clips
- 13.(If has not already) Can you tell me a story to illustrate in one of these cases?
14.Can you tell me a song you heard at church that has played a transformational role in your life?
- 15.Can you tell me a story about a scripture that has moved you?
- 16.How important is communion to you? Why?
- 17.How important is the offering to you? Why?
- 18.Is there anything else? Prayer/ Prophetic/
Aboriginal Cultural Participation
- 19.What do you think the place for Aboriginal people in your church is?
Continue 20–23 if participant marked Aboriginal, Torres Strait or South Sea:
- 20.How important is “self-determination” for you?
- 21.How important is “culture” to you?
- 22.Have you in the last six months attended:
- a)An Indigenous funeral? Yes/ No
- b)A festival or ceremony? Yes/ No
- c)Fished/hunted in a group? Yes/ No
- d)Had involvement with an Indigenous organization? Yes/ No
- 23.Were you paid for this involvement? Yes/ No
Worship Team Members
- 24.Are you involved in the church worship team, or in any artistic outreach? Yes/ No
Continue if the person is involved in the worship ministry of the church
- 25.What role do you play in the team?
- 26.How does your church plan for the weekend? Is it organized in advance?
- 27.What influences the team artistically and spiritually?
- 28.Are there ways the team tries to bring in different cultures? E.g. Aboriginal/tsi culture?
- 29.How does your team facilitate people engaging the presence of God in worship?
Evangelism/social Engagement Volunteers
- 30.How important is sharing the gospel to you?
- 31.How important is practical helps in the community to you?
- 32.Do you volunteer in the ministries of the church?Yes/ No
Continue if the person is involved in the evangelism or social justice ministries of the church
- 33.What is your role?
- 34.How and why did you get involved?
- 35.Do you think worship empowers you for this work? How?
- 36.Have you ever experienced the Spirit’s presence in your work? Can you give me one example?
- 37.How important is demonstrations of God’s “power” in the ministries of the church?
- 38.How important is God’s “love” in the ministries of the church?
- 39.Can you describe three things that have had a positive impact upon your well-being in the last three years?
a) _____________ b) ____________ c) ___________
- 40.Of those, which do you think has had the greatest effect?
- 41.Do you think worship has positively impacted your life? Why/ why not?
- 42.Can you tell me a particular moment that was significant for you?
Thank you & Conclusion
- 43.Could you recommend five people in the congregation (other than staff) that you think it would be good for me to also talk to?
- 1.What can you tell me about the history of the congregation that helps explain how it appears today?
- 2.What’s your story - how did you personally come to be a part of the leadership team?
- 3.What roles do you have in the church?
- 4.What day-to-day responsibilities?
- 5.What is the significance for you of sitting under Aboriginal leadership?
- 6.What role is there for non-indigenous leaders in the team?
- 7.How does your church decide on its programs to the community?
- 8.How are leaders identified and trained in your church?
- 9.How intricately does worship connect in to what you do in leadership?
- 10.Can you tell me a time when the Spirit empowered you for what you do?
- 11.What would you want your ministry to be known for?
- 12.How important is the power of the Spirit for your work?
- 13.How important is love?
- 14.Do you think you have learned to love?