Christian-Muslim Relations: A Bibliographical History Online (CMR Online) is a general online history of relations between the faiths. It covers the period from 600 to 1500 CE, when encounters took place through the extended Mediterranean basin and are recorded in Syriac, Arabic, Greek, Latin and other languages. It comprises introductory essays on the treatment of Christians in the Qur’an, Qur’an commentaries, biographies of the Prophet, Hadith and Sunni law, and of Muslims in canon law, and the main body of more than two hundred detailed entries on all the works recorded, whether surviving or lost. The result of collaboration between leading scholars, CMR Online is intended as an invaluable tool for research in Christian-Muslim relations.
Features and Benefits
- International expert authorship
- Unrivalled comprehensive bibliographic reference work on Christian Muslim Relations
- Covers the period 600-1500
- Cross-searchable database
- Easy access to up-to-date information