Gregorii Nysseni Opera Online is the ultimate online critical text edition of Gregory of Nyssa's works based on all available known manuscripts, introduced with a complete discussion of the textual transmission and accompanied by extensive annotations on the biblical, classical and patristic sources, and indices.
- 60 texts originating from 17 hardback volumes
- Text 20 (IV 2)
De hominis opificio in the next years.
- Complete and unabridged: 17 (and later 18) volumes, totaling over 3000 pages
- Greek texts, prefaces, Conspectus Codicum, Conspectus Siglorum, Prefaces, Texts, including critical apparatus, Appendices and Indices
• Greek corpus of texts of Gregory of Nyssa, a ‘primary source’ now available online
• High quality academic research, quickly and easily accessible for scholars worldwide
• Technologically advanced research tool, created by a publisher with a strong and excellent reputation
Gregorii Nysseni Opera Online is the indispensable online reference text for any philological, philosophical and theological research on Gregory of Nyssa, the Greek Church Fathers, Church history and Late Antique thought in general.
Editors Original Text Edition:
Advisors Online Edition:
Ekkehard Mühlenberg is Professor of Church History Emeritus (University of Göttingen). He has published in patristics and edited
Oratio catechetica as well as
Epistula Canonica by Gregory of Nyssa. He directs a research institute of the Patristische Kommission at the Göttingen Academy of Sciences.
Giulio Maspero, Ph.D. (1999, 2003) in Physics (Milan, Italy) and in Theology (Pamplona, Spain), is presently Associate Professor of Systematic Theology at the Pontifical University of the Holy Cross (Rome). He has published on Gregory of Nyssa's Trinitarian doctrine.