Supplementum Epigraphicum Graecum Online is now available on our new platform, Scholarly Editions, in a completely new design, and with enhanced search options throughout the entire publication. Brill's Scholarly Editions is designed to provide an uninterrupted reading experience and to display parallel texts side by side. From 1 January 2022 onwards, the parallel run will end and Supplementum Epigraphicum Graecum Online will only be accessible on Brill's Scholarly Editions platform.
Supplementum Epigraphicum Graecum Online (SEG) is an annual publication collecting newly published Greek inscriptions and studies on previously known documents. It covers the entire Greek world from the early Greek period until the 8th century A.D. Supplementum Epigraphicum Graecum presents complete Greek texts, and a critical apparatus, of new inscriptions; it summarizes new readings, interpretations, and studies of known inscriptions, and occasionally presents the Greek text of these documents.
This new site for Supplementum Epigraphicum Graecum Online offers many additional features compared to the previous version. These include:
* Faceted search, enabling users to search for entries - including the texts of inscriptions - by time period, place of origin, topic, or inscription type.
* Combined searches: the search parameters can also be combined, which facilitates an in-depth search in the SEG database.
* Downloadable Epidoc files.
* Permanent identifiers. Each entry, inscription, and line of text has a permanent and unique identifier.
* Inscription texts, edited using a subset of the Leiden conventions primed for digital use.
* Morphology tool. Click on a Greek word for a succinct grammatical analysis.
* The site has been developed with open source software using the Scaife Viewer as a basis.
* Close collaboration with other digital epigraphical resources. Click here for SEG's participation in epigraphy.info and collaboration with Trismegistos.
The online edition includes all SEG print volumes, and will incorporate all future volumes in the series. Supplementum Epigraphicum Graecum Online is automatically updated upon publication of the annual volume.
Supplementum Epigraphicum Graecum is also available in print, visit www.brill.com/SEG for more information.
Editors: A. Chaniotis, Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, T. Corsten, University of Vienna, N. Papazarkadas, University of California, Berkeley, E. Stavrianopoulou, University of Heidelberg, M.W. Zellmann-Rohrer, FU Berlin.
Associate Editors: J.-M. Carbon, G. Kantor and E. Sverkos
Assistant Editors: M. Hallmannsecker, J. Hua, M.B. Richardson, F. Santini, V. Scheibelreiter-Gail, and E. Vance
Advisory Editors: H.W. Pleket, R.S. Stroud†, C. Dobias-Lalou, K. Hallof, M.L. Lazzarini, A. Martin, A.P. Matthaiou, P. Paschidis, L. di Segni and R.A. Tybout.
New website for Supplementum Epigraphicum Graecum Online