1. A. Behnam, "Developing Countries in the Group of 77: A Journey in Multilateral Diplomacy, 1964 to 2004," in TowardsWorldConstitutionalism:IssuesintheLegalOrderingoftheWorldCommunity, ed. R. St. John Macdonald and D.M. Johnston (Leiden: Martinus Nijhoff, 2005), c. 13. 2. IPS, New York, 17 May 2007. Thalif Deen, reporting on a study by WIDER, states that the risks and costs brought about by globalization can be significant for fragile developing economies and the world's poor. On the other hand, the benefits of globalization in booming times are not necessarily shared widely and equally among the international community.
3. J. Sachs, "Break the Stranglehold of Ideology on the World Bank," TheDailyStar, May 26, 2007. 4. United Nations, U.N. Millennium Development Goals, available online: . 5.BeyondConventionalWisdominDevelopmentPolicy:AnIntellectualHistoryofUNCTAD(1964-2004), UNCTAD/EDM/2004 (Geneva: UNCTAD, 2004), p. 113-114.
6. Millennium Project, ReportbythxUnitedNationsSecretary-General;InvestinginDevelopment,:17NDP, 2nd printing, Jan. 19, 2005. See . 7. A. Behnam, "Whither 101?" in OceanYearbook 21, ed. A. Chircop, S. Coffen- Smout and M. McConnell (Boston, Leiden: Martinus Nijhoff,, 2007). 8. A. Behnam, "Progress on MDG Goals," statement at the Global Forum on Oceans Coasts and Islands (UNESCO, Paris, January 23-28, 2006), available online: .
9.Oceana:TheSourceofLife, UNCLOS 20th anniversary publication by UN- DOALOS (New York: United Nations, 2002); R. Costanza, "The Value of the World Ecosystem Services and Natural Capital," Ecological Economics Research and Application Inc., 1997. 10. See IUCN, "Critical Ocean Issues: Ecosystems and Biodiversity in Deep Waters and High Seas," UNEP 2006, available online: . See also UNDOALOS, "Oceans: Source of Life," FactsandFigures (New York: United Nations, 2002), p. 13. See also Ocean and the Law of the Sea Report, UNDOALOS publication A/62/66, para. 134.
11. UNCTAD, PreviewofMaritimeTransport2005 (Geneva: UNCTAD, 2005), p. 71. Available online: .
12. InLargerFreedom:ToruardsSecurity,Deaelopment,andHumanRightsforAll, Report of the Secretary-General, A/59/2005 (New York: United Nations, 2005), available online: .
13. J. Sachs, "Poverty Reduction and Environmental Sustainability, MDGs: Why Is So Little Progress Being Made," special presentation at the Global Forum on Oceans Coasts and Islands (UNESCO, Paris, Jan. 23-28, 2006), available online: . 14. B. Cicin-Sain, V. Vandeweerd, P.A. Bernal, L.C. Williams and M.C. Balgos, MeetingtheCommitmentsonOceans,Coasts,andSmallIslandDevelopingStatesMadeatthe2002WorldSummitonSustainableDevelopment,:HowWellAreWeDoing? Co-Chairs' Report-Volume 1, Third Global Conference on Oceans, Coasts and Islands, June 2006.
15. See "101 Annual Report 2005," OceanYearbook 20, ed. A. Chircop, S. Coffen-Smout and M. McConnell (New York: Transnational, 2006). 16. A. Behnam, statement of the President to the Seventh Meeting of UNICPOLOS (U.N. Headquarters, New York, June 12-16, 2006), available online: .
17. See 101 website: . 18. See n. 12 above, para. 66, p. 21. 19. International Ocean Institute, available online: .
20.TheMillenniumDevelopmentGoalsReport2007, U.N. New York, .