The present article is a contribution to research on the activities of exiled Dutchmen in connection with the publication of maps, as illustrated by the Caymox family in Nuremberg. Cornelis Caymox (Antwerp?-Nuremberg c.1590), a general trader, sold the maps of Gerard de Jode and Gerard Mercator in Germany (from c.1565). It was he and Hubert Caymox (his brother?) who officially applied for the imperial privilege to print De Jode's atlas in 1574; De Jode's own efforts were obstructed by his rival Abraham Ortelius. Cornelis Caymox also contributed to Braun & Hogenberg's town atlas. Cornelis's relative (his nephew?) Balthasar Caymox (Beerse/Brabant 1561-Nuremberg 1635) set up as a publisher in Nuremberg around 1590. Among his first publications was a re-issue of the 1567 map of Hungary by Matthias Zündt. When the Dutch-born engraver and geographer Matthias Quad (1557-1613) left Cologne and spent some years (c.1605-7) in Nuremberg, he issued some cartographical broadsheets together with Caymox (distance triangle 1605; map of Spain after Blaeu 1606; map of Palestine after Adrichomius and Duchetti c.1606). Caymox was also the publisher of the paper instruments (quadrant, sundial, astrolabe) designed by Franz Ritter (1579-c.1650). Among these is an interesting dial plate of a sundial in the form of a world map, indicating local time, world time and the geographical latitude of the equinox. Balthasar Caymox's business was subsequently (in 1633) taken over by Paulus Fürst (1608-66).