The archives of the Gujarat Diocese of the Church of North India, held at the Gujarat United School of Theology is an important archive for documenting the life of the church in India, with documentation dating back to the middle of the nineteenth century. Besides the regular contents such as minutes, correspondence and reports, the archives contain a selected set of monographs on various subjects in mostly English and Gujarati. The monographs that were printed by the mission presses in India are added to this collection because of their limited circulation.
The materials are also published online. MARC21 records for the monographs and an EAD finding aid for the archival section are available.
This important research collection came about with the support of the Kenneth Scott Latourette Fund, Yale Divinity School Library.
The Monograph collection Online includes:
- Monographs printed by the Irish Presbyterian Mission Press in Surat, India, consisting of 105 volumes.
- Monographs printed by other mission presses in India, consisting of 58 volumes.
- A selection of monographs printed outside India, mostly in London and Belfast, and identified as relevant for research purposes.
The Archival collection Online includes:
- Minutes of meetings, correspondence and other documents of the Irish Presbyterian Mission Council in Gujarat and relevant local committees.
- Annual reports prepared by the Irish Presbyterian Mission Council that describe the achievements of the past year, including information about the financial situation of the IP Mission from 1851 to 1965.
- Annual reports of the Missions’ Orphanage from 1870 till 1958.