The fifth online collection of Brill’s acclaimed series of Companions to Classical Studies continues to present the best in current scholarship in the field. With topics ranging from Military Sieges in the Ancient Mediterranean World to the Reception of Plutarch, these companions provide a graduate-level synthesis of debate and the state of scholarship on the subjects. Designed for students and scholars, the books explain what sources there are, what methodologies and approaches are appropriate in dealing with them, what issues arise and how they have been treated, and what room there is for disagreement. All volumes are in English.
This collection contains eight titles:
* Brill's Companion to Theocritus
* Brill's Companion to the Reception of Plutarch
* Brill's Companion to Classics in the Early Americas
* Brill's Companion to the Reception of Pythagoras and Pythagoreanism in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance
* Brill's Companion to Euripides (2 vols.)
* Brill's Companion to the Reception of Presocratic Natural Philosophy in Later Classical Thought
* Brill's Companion to the Reception of Athenian Democracy
* Brill's Companion to Sieges in the Ancient Mediterranean.
Please contact our sales team for more information on prices and licensing.