The sixth online collection of Brill’s acclaimed series of Companions to Classical Studies continues to present the best in current scholarship in the field. With topics ranging from Cassius Dio to Greek Land Warfare, these companions provide a graduate-level synthesis of debate and the state of scholarship on the subjects. Designed for students and scholars, the books explain what sources there are, what methodologies and approaches are appropriate in dealing with them, what issues arise and how they have been treated, and what room there is for disagreement. All volumes are in English.
This collection contains eight titles:
* Brill's Companion to Cassius Dio
* Brill's Companion to Greek Land Warfare Beyond the Phalanx
* Brill's Companion to Bodyguards in the Ancient Mediterranean
* Brill's Companion to the Reception of Ancient Rethoric
* Brill's Companion to Warfare in the Bronze Age Aegean
* Brill's Companion to the Reception of Homer from the Hellenistic Age to Late Antiquity
* Brill's Companion to Episodes of 'Heroic' Rape/Abduction in Classical Antiquity and Their Reception
* Brill's Companion to Classical Reception and Modern World Poetry.
Please contact our sales team for more information on prices and licensing.