Contemporary Whitehead Studies solicits manuscripts from scholars with contemporary and innovative approaches to Whitehead studies, that is, Whitehead’s philosophy and Whitehead's text (as a whole), by giving special focus to projects that:
• explore the connections between Whitehead and contemporary Continental philosophy, especially sources, like Heidegger, or contemporary streams like poststructuralism,
• reconnect Whitehead to pragmatism, analytical philosophy and philosophy of language, as a matter of source and recourse for an understanding of the tradition out of which Whitehead formulated his philosophic concepts or as a matter of engagement in areas that has excluded Whitehead,
• explore creative East/West dialogues facilitated by Whitehead’s work,
• explore the interconnections of the mathematician with the philosopher and the contemporary importance of these part of Whitehead's work for the dialogue between sciences and humanities,
• reconnect Whitehead to the wider field of philosophy, the humanities, the sciences and academic research with Whitehead's pluralistic impulses in the context of a pluralistic world,
• address Whitehead’s philosophy (and, per example, of philosophy per se) in the midst of contemporary problems facing humanity, such as climate change, war & peace, race, and the future development of civilization.
Contemporary Whitehead Studies is a special series in the
Value Inquiry Book Series.
Contemporary Whitehead Studies is affiliated with the Whitehead Research Project.