International Religious Demographic Statistics and Sources
The World Religion Database (WRD) contains detailed statistics on religious affiliation for every country of the world. It provides information from country censuses as well as best estimates for every religion to offer a definitive picture of religion and non-religion in the past, present, and future.
It offers best estimates at multiple dates for each of the world's religions for the period 1900 to 2050. The WRD is regularly updated with new sources of data, such as estimates of religious affiliation at the province level within countries and religious freedom information for all countries.
- Sort, Modify, Print, or Export query results
- Customize reports and download data to generate charts, tables, and graphs
- Simple keyword search
- Browse pre-formatted directories on country, peoples, religions, etc.
- Access user stats (librarians only)
Features and Benefits
- Global comparative figures for every major religion
- Population and religious adherents for every country and United Nations region
- Access to source material on religious affiliation (census and survey figures)
- Breakdown of major religions into traditions (e.g. Sunni-Shi’as within Islam)
- Multiple data points to compare growth rates (1900, 1950, 1970, 2000, 2005, 2025, 2050)
- Feedback mechanism for users to comment on data, sources and methodology
Five demo’s with search examples are available on Brill’s Youtube channel.
For this, see: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHM0LYDn_HSMQICsWav13mFYBYV2ft9MN