Information for Authors from the United Kingdom - Brill Transformative Agreement 2021-2022
Brill has concluded a Transformative Agreement with Jisc for the period 2021 – 2022. This replaces the 2020 Bridging Agreement.
As of 1 January 2021, corresponding authors from institutions participating in the Brill Journals 2021 Transformative Agreement via Jisc may publish research and review articles in Open Access in any of Brill's journal, including Gold Full Open Access titles.
- The Article Publication Charge (APC) for these journals will be waived for the rest of 2021.
- The number of APCs per institution is uncapped.
- Participating institutions also have access to the Full Brill Journal Collection.
- To participate in this agreement, the corresponding author’s institution must sign up for the Brill 2021 Journals Agreement via Jisc.
- Bangor University
- Cardiff University
- King's College London
- Queen's University Belfast
- The Open University
- SOAS University of London
- University College London
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bradford
- University of Bristol
- University of Cambridge
- University of Durham
- University of Exeter
- University of Leeds
- University of Liverpool
- University of Manchester
- University of Nottingham
- University of Oxford
- University of York
- Abertay University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- Glasgow School of Art
- Heriot-Watt University
- National Library of Scotland
- National Museums Scotland
- Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
- Robert Gordon University
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Glasgow
- University of St Andrews
- University of Stirling
- University of Strathclyde
- University of the Highlands and Islands
- University of the West of Scotland
This list will be kept updated throughout the year. Last updated 19 March 2021.
The article’s corresponding author must be from an eligible university and the article must be published on or after 1 January 2021. The regular submission and peer review processes apply. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This offer is open to UK Higher Education institutions and Jisc academic-affiliate members.
Teaching and research staff employed by or otherwise accredited to one of the eligible institutions as well as students enrolled or accredited to one of the eligible institutions.
In case of articles published by multiple authors, the corresponding author will be eligible for the waiver.
How to publish your article in Open Access
Submit your article to your journal contact at Brill with the request to publish in Open Access and indicate that you are an author affiliated with one of the eligible institutions in the United Kingdom. Once the article gets accepted it will be published in Open Access right away and free of charge.
If you submit your article through Editorial Manager, you will be asked during the submission process whether you are eligible for the agreement. Once the article is accepted, it will be published in Open Access right away and free of charge.
For questions on Open Access publishing at Brill please contact email@example.com.