Universitätsverlag Osnabrück was established in March 1995. The University of Osnabrück and V&R unipress have been cooperating since January 2003. Legally, Universitätsverlag Osnabrück is an imprint of V&R unipress. The university controls the publishing program via the president’s academic advisory board and agrees with the publisher on its range of services.
At Universitätsverlag Osnabrück we publish highly qualified research papers - e.g. thematically closed anthologies and monographs, commemorative publications, research reports, post-doctoral theses as well as dissertations (if graded “magna cum laude” or “summa cum laude”).
When it comes to inclusion of works in one of the imprint’s series, the series editors make the decisions. In the case of works that do not appear in a series, the university's advisory board decides on inclusion in the program.
Please do not hesitate to contact Oliver Kätsch (firstname.lastname@example.org), he will advise you without obligation and put your publication in touch with the advisory board or the responsible series editors.
Every 4 to 6 weeks, the publisher's representative is in Osnabrück to advise authors and editors in a personal meeting. Please make an appointment with him if necessary.
The following representatives, appointed by the president's office, belong to the advisory board:
- Legal Studies: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Christian von Bar (Chair)
- Linguistics and Literature: Prof Christoph König
- Natural Sciences: - currently not occupied -
- Educational and Cultural Studies: Prof Martin Jung
- History: Prof Christoph Rass
- University library: Felicitas Hundhausen
- University Marketing / Press: Dr Utz Lederbogen
- President's Office: Prof Martina Blasberg-Kuhnke