Journal Selection Rules for Index Islamicus
Journals eligible for indexing in Index Islamicus will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- The journal has an International Standard Serial Number (ISSN) as registered with the ISSN International Centre (http://www.issn.org/).
- All articles need to be peer-reviewed by independent and scholarly qualified subject matter experts. The peer-review process may be single or double blinded. Its description must be explicit and publicly available. It is consistently applied and integral to a clear and convincing editorial policy.
- The journal follows international editorial conventions. These conventions include informative journal titles, fully descriptive article titles and author abstracts, complete bibliographic information for all cited references, and full address information for every author. The self-citation rate is never more than 50% above average.
- Editors, members of the editorial advisory board and the authors contributing to the journal must be of diverse background and institutional affiliation. Members of the academic editorial board are affiliated with universities or other independent research organizations. The journal targets an international audience.
- The articles published in the journal have a high content quality and conform to the stated aims and scope of the journal. The academic standard is assessed by an advisory board of internationally acclaimed subject specialists. All journals are re-evaluated on a regular basis based on a set of metrics and benchmarks with the possible consequence of a journal being deselected [removed from the list of journals indexed by Index Islamicus].
- Only articles in the following languages are considered for indexing: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Greek, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Polish, Czech, Romanian, Bulgarian, Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, Portuguese, Catalan. Other languages upon request.
The evaluation process lasts one year and comprises at least three consecutive issues of a given journal. Established journals which have been rejected in the past may be re-evaluated after a period of five years. Note that the inclusion of the journal in ISI, EBSCO, ERIH, or Scopus does not guarantee its inclusion in Index Islamicus.
Index Islamicus requires full text access to all articles of an accepted journal. If it is not available on open access, then free website logins, digital or paper copies must be supplied.
Application forms are sent to email@example.com. The applicant will be informed about the outcome of the review and reason(s) for the decision.