Brill is an important publisher of journals, with over 300 titles in various subject areas. Nearly all our titles are available in print and online formats. Our E-Journals are available on our new brill.com platform.
Please note that some journal titles are registered with Brill solely as E-Journals.
- Brill Journals Products and Price Lists
- Overview of journal changes from past years
- Published Journals and Publication Dates
- Purchasing Information
- Freely Available Sample Issues
- New Free Access 4 You journals
- All our Full Open Access Journals
- Journal titles no longer published by Brill
- The brill.com FAQ provides instructions on online access
New journals where the first issue is not yet available.
All of Brill's journal content is available right here on brill.com.
- Access to the complete electronic archive, going back to Volume 1, No. 1 (where applicable) also included in active institutional subscriptions.
- Brill provides a free table of contents alerting service, and free online sample copies are also available.
- Brill is a Cross Ref member and uses COUNTER compliant user statistics. RSS feeds and DOIs (Digital Object Identifiers) for reliable and easy citation are provided.
- Journal packages and archive collections are available to Consortia. For details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Journal Prices:
Brill is pleased to announce that 2020 journal prices, as well as additional information, are now available for all Brill journals. Brill journal subscriptions can be also renewed online via our distributor, Turpin.
Find additional price lists, flyers, catalogs, and brochures on our downloads page.
Brill Online Journal Collections 2020:
Brill offers the following journal collections online in 2020:
- Brill Online Journal Collection (327 titles)
- Brill Online Journal Collection / Humanities and Social Sciences (248 titles)
- Brill Online Journal Collection / International Law and Human Rights (65 titles)
- Brill Online Journal Collection / Biology Biology (14 titles)
In addition we offer 5 sub-collections:
- Brill Online Journal Collection / Religious Studies (56 titles)
- Brill Online Journal Collection / Languages, Linguistics and Literatuer (29 titles)
- Brill Online Journal Collection / Asian Studies (47 titles)
- Brill Online Journal Collection / Middle East & Islamic Studies (32 titles)
- Brill Online Journal Collection / Philosophy (28 titles)
For more information, see the 2020 price list.
Brill Online Journal Archives:
- The Brill Journal Archives Online offer access to over 6,700 volumes of over 270 scholarly journals published before the year 2015.
- The Journal Archives consist of two parts, the first covering the 19th and 20th century and the second the first 15 years of the 21st century.
- The Brill Journal Archives Online are hosted on brill.com.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
These files provide additional information on the past years of Brill journal publishing. For an overview of journals no longer published by Brill, please visit this page.
- Additional information: 2018
- Additional information: 2017
- Additional information: 2016
- Additional information: 2015
- Additional information: 2014
- Additional information: 2013
Download the overview of latest journal issues available in print, updated monthly.
Visit this page for more information about Ordering at Brill.
- Download what you need to know about standing orders, licensing, journal subscriptions, single issues, and backfiles.
- Single Issues: Single issues are available for each journal, the price being obtained by dividing the institutional subscription rate by the frequency, plus 25%.
- Single Articles: Where journals are also available online, single articles can be obtained for a document delivery fee via the journal's online page.
- Back Volumes (all titles): Back volumes published in 2010 or later can be ordered from Brill. Older back volumes can be ordered from Periodicals Service Company (all titles) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Back Volumes (titles on International Law & Human Rights): Back volumes published in 2010 or later can be ordered from Brill. Older back volumes can be ordered from William S. Hein & Co. email@example.com
To give readers and potential authors an idea about what each journal can deliver for them, we have opened up one free sample issue for each of our journals (exluding journals that have full Open Access issues or FREE4U offers). Download the overview of all sample issues.