How to Manage your Online Holdings
An Access Management System (AMS) is available for you on https://ams.brill.com.
Consult our FAQ for librarians for answers to frequently asked questions.
We also recommend to download step by step guide to the AMS.
For any questions about your holdings or settings in the AMS please contact our Sales Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activating your AMS-account
Activate your administration account on https://ams.brill.com by clicking https://ams.brill.com/forgotpassword.
Your username is the e-mail address that you use for your orders with us. Follow instructions to complete your account and choose your password.
Your AMS admin account also serves as a personal account on Brill.com. Whenever you login to the AMS, you will be able access both your organisations account as your personal account.
Using the AMS
You can use AMS.brill.com to:
- Check and monitor all your online subscriptions and purchases (Subscriptions tab)
- Check and change institutional settings
- Your IP-ranges (Access tab)
- Your Shibboleth / OpenAthens Settings (Access tab)
- Your OpenURL Settings (Details tab)
- Download usage reports (Reports tab)
- COUNTER 5 usage reports:
- 2019 and 2020: All COUNTER reports up to December 2020 can be found in the Archive section on the Reports tab in the AMS.
- From January 2021 onwards, you can access your COUNTER 5 reports via the green button ‘COUNTER 5 Reports’ on the Reports tab in the AMS. This will redirect you to our reporting portal. Here you can find more information about the reporting portal:
- COUNTER 4 usage reports:
- 2017 and 2018 of our ‘old’ platform booksandjournals.brill.com.
- 2019 and 2020 for brill.com
- As of 1 January 2021, brill.com has stopped supporting COUNTER 4 reports for brill.com.
- SUSHI stats: (What is SUSHI?, SUSHI Tools)
- 2019 and 2020: the SUSHI details to harvest your COUNTER stats can be found in the Archive section on the Reports tab in the AMS.
- From January 2021 onwards, you can access your SUSHI harvesting details via the green button ‘COUNTER 5 Reports’ on the Reports tab in the AMS. This will redirect you to our reporting portal. Here you can find more information about the reporting portal:
- Extensive manual (page 16 refers to SUSHI)
- COUNTER 5 usage reports:
- Add additional admin roles for colleagues within your organization (Users Tab)
Find MARC records here: MARC Records.
MARC records provided by Brill always contain DOIs.
Find KBart files here: KBart files.
Proxy server access
If you are using EZproxy, always make sure that you make use of the last version of the Brill Stanza on the OCLC website.
Ordering Brill Products
Please contact our Sales Staff for all information.
Brill E-Book select
We are still working on facilitating E-book select on brill.com. If you were making use of this in the past, please contact our Sales Support Team. We have an order form ready for you here.
The webshop is only open to personal accounts. Please note that purchases for online products, done on your personal admin account are not made part of your institutional holdings. Of course you can always order print books via the brill.com webshop.
Last edited: 9 February 2021