Brill Book Archive
As one of the oldest publishers in the Humanities, Brill has served research communities since its foundation in 1683. We strongly believe that the Humanities, Social Sciences and International Law are areas of scholarship vital for addressing today’s global challenges. To make our rich content available online, we are dedicated to digitizing our backlist book program.
With support from the Dutch National Library, Leiden University Library, and the Peace Palace Library in sourcing some titles, we are now adding a large set of Brill titles in digital format:
Brill Book Archive Part 1
The Brill Book Archive Part 1 includes 3,900 book titles published between 2000 and 2006, across disciplines such as Asian Studies, Biblical Studies, Classical Studies, History, Language & Linguistics, Literature and Cultural Studies, Middle East and Islamic Studies, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Theology, International Law, Social Sciences, and Biology.
In addition to our existing online book series, another 48 Brill flagship book series will be available in digital format, back to Volume 1. These digitized book series contain 4,800 titles. Please note that there is an overlap between titles in the Brill Book Archive Part 1 and titles published between 2000 and 2006 in the digitized book series.
The Brill Book Archive Part 1 is available as one collection or as subject collections. All titles are DRM-free and also available from our Evidence Based Acquisition (EBA) and E-Book Select programs, as well as through our E-Book Vendors.
Features and benefits:
- Enhanced discoverability of research material.
- Full text search in 6,000 added book titles in archive and digitized book series.
- Accessible to scholars wherever they are in the world.
- Out-of-print titles will become available again.
We offer the following purchase options, tailored to your research programs:
- Full collection
- Subject collections
- Brill Evidence Based Acquisition (EBA)
- Brill E-Book Select
- E-Book Vendors
- Book Series
Contact our Sales Department at email@example.com for more information and quotes.
Find more information on Brill's E-Book Purchase Options page.
Not all titles are available yet in the Brill Book Archive Part 1. Newly digitized titles are being added on a regular basis. To check the latest status, please consult the Title List, MARC Records and KBART files, which are updated regularly, on the E-Book Collections page.
Brill Book Archive Collections:
- Complete Collection
- Asian Studies - Book Archive 2000-2006
- Biblical Studies, Ancient Near East and Early Christianity - Book Archive 2000-2006
- Biology - Book Archive 2000-2006
- Classical Studies - Book Archive 2000-2006
- European History and Culture - Book Archive 2000-2006
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Book Archive 2000-2006
- International Law - Book Archive 2000-2006
- Language & Linguistics - Book Archive 2000-2006
- Literature and Cultural Studies - Book Archive 2000-2006
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Book Archive 2000-2006
- Religious Studies, Theology and Philosophy - Book Archive 2000-2006
- Social Sciences - Book Archive 2000-2006