Open Access for Books and Chapters
- Brill is one of the largest Open Access book publishers. Browse all of Brill's Open Access books here.
- Brill has been publishing Open Access books since 2009.
- Open Access is fully integrated in our processes. It takes just 1 extra step. View the process here.
- Brill complies with all research funder policies.
- Pricing is competitive, page-based and tailor-made.
- We have special discounts for publications resulting from research funder policies.
- We also offer funding support.
Choosing Open Access
If you are interested in publishing your book or chapter in Open Access, discuss this at any point in the publication process with your Brill contact or get in touch with email@example.com.
Peer Review and Quality Control
High quality and rigorous quality control are fixed aspects of Brill’s approach to publishing. All Brill Open Access books and book chapters are subject to external, single or double-blind peer review.
More information on the publication process can be found here:
Interested? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Retroactive Open Access
Brill offers authors the possibility to make their book or chapter available in Open Access after publication, e.g. in case budget unexpectedly becomes available or when remaining project budget needs to be spent. The Open Access fee will be discounted in proportion to to the number of years the book or chapter has been published.
Please get in touch with your Brill contact or email@example.com to discuss the possibilities.
Please note these prices serve as guidelines. The price for an Open Access book or chapter is determined for each title individually, based on the number of pages and expected production costs.
Open Access Book: € 8,500 at 250 pages
Open Access Chapter: € 990 at 35 pages
Retroactive Open Access: discount, depending on the year of publication