Evidence Based Acquisition (EBA)
With Brill's Evidence Based Acquisition (EBA) model, academic institutions are given access to a large collection of over 27,000 E-Books published by Brill and our imprints, such as Brill | Schöningh, Brill | Fink, Brill | mentis and Brill | Nijhoff, against a predetermined period and budget. Libraries can choose to access our full collection of E-Books, opening up an extensive collection of publications to their library patrons ranging from Humanities and Social Sciences to Biology and International Law. The other option is to tailor the available content by individual subject areas, collections or imprints, in order to provide access to a more specific selection of titles.
With EBA, Brill helps you to make your purchase decision, providing COUNTER reports and giving insight to your patrons’ usage of the collection. Download the Brill EBA user guide to find out more.
Introducing Brill's EBA Model
How it works
Brill's Evidence Based Acquisition model for E-Books is designed to enable librarians to make data-driven purchase decisions.
Features and Benefits
- Access is set up for the period of the agreement against a predetermined budget, making a wide range of titles available to library patrons immediately;
- Upon request, COUNTER compliant usage reports can be shared periodically, giving librarians complete insight into the usage of E-Books by their patrons;
- After the predetermined period, a comprehensive usage report will be provided, which will help institutions with their final selection of titles;
- All purchases are on an outright purchase basis with perpetual access rights attached;
- Forthcoming titles within the license term will be added automatically on a weekly basis;
- Books digitized as part of Brill’s Book Archive will be included in our EBA programmes, if those titles are in the scope of the EBA programme selected by the institution.
All E-Books from the following collections are covered in Brill's EBA program:
- Subject E-Book Collections
- Special E-Book Collections
- E-Book Series
Download all available EBA title lists, MARC records and KBART files.
For any additional questions please contact our Sales department at email@example.com.
Choose EBA, Brill’s Evidence Based Acquisition Model for E-Books
E-Books on brill.com
Brill publishes a blend of well-established and newer series of books that cover our key publishing areas in the Humanities and Social Sciences, International Law and selected areas in the Sciences. Featuring a cast of top international authors that make up a veritable "Who's Who" in their specialties, Brill brings a true global perspective to its publishing efforts.
Brill’s publication programs are known for their broad and deep coverage of the respective subject fields, long shelf-life for its books and collaboration with leading institutions. As an independent publisher ensuring a rigorous peer-review, Brill proudly enjoys a strong reputation, especially within the library community all around the world.
- All Brill E-Books can be cross-searched with Brill’s journals, or users can choose to search the E-Book content only
- Outright purchase, perpetual access
- No platform or hosting fees
- COUNTER 5 statistics
- KBART files are available
- Free MARC 21 records
- Brill’s MyBook feature for licensed titles
- Remote access
- Unlimited site licenses
- E-Books indexed at chapter level by Google Scholar
- Data provided to major discovery service providers