EIFL – Brill Agreement
Brill has signed an agreement with EIFL (Electronic Information for Libraries), a not-for-profit organization working with libraries worldwide to enable access to digital information for people in developing and transition countries. The agreement includes discounted access to Brill’s Journal Collections in the Humanities & Social Sciences, Law and Biology as well as Open Access opportunities for authors in Brill’s hybrid or full Open Access journals.
Information for Authors
Authors from the following 37 EIFL partner countries are eligible for an Open Access discount or waiver in all of Brill’s journals.
Waived APCs are available to corresponding authors from: Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lesotho, Malawi, Moldova, Myanmar, Nepal, Senegal, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Discounted APCs are available to corresponding authors from 19 countries:
- 50% discount for authors from Estonia, Serbia and Slovenia.
- 60% discount for authors from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Fiji, Georgia, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Maldives, North Macedonia, Palestine, Thailand, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
- 80% discount for authors from Botswana and Namibia.
How to Claim Discount or Waiver
1) When submitting your article, please select the option ‘Open Access’*.
2) This will lead you to the Brill Open Access transaction portal. Please follow all instructions.
3) On acceptance of your article, the discount will be automatically deducted from the Open Access charges. If you are eligible for a waiver, the charges are waived completely.
*Not all Brill journals work with the Editorial Manager submission system. If this is the case for your journal, please send an email to email@example.com to request Open Access and claim the discount or waiver.