Green Open Access
It is Brill’s ambition to be transparent and encourage the availability of our authors research results, while also maintaining the sustainability of the journals and book series that we publish together with, and on behalf of, their academic communities.
Brill allows authors to share their work in online repositories and archives under the following conditions:
Articles & Book Chapters
- Share the pre-peer reviewed manuscript at any point in the publication process.
- Share the post-peer reviewed manuscript 12 months after publication. This version is often identified as the Author Accepted Manuscript (AAM).
- All authors receive the final published PDF of their publication for personal use. Please note Brill does not allow this version to be shared in archives or repositories.
- Authors or their institutions may post the accepted manuscript version 12 months after publication in a closed repository [intranet]. Such a repository is accessible to students and staff only.
- To discuss options to share the PDF version of the E-Book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For suggestions on sharing your work, please visit How Can I Share It.