Institutional Open Access Agreements


Brill has made various national Open Access agreements with consortia of university libraries. These agreements are also referred to as Read-and-Publish agreements, and cover subscriptions as well as Open Access publishing. They are considered ‘transformative’ agreements and are compliant with funder requirements, including Plan S.

Brill publishes articles by affiliated corresponding authors in Open Access, at no cost to the author.

Australia and New Zealand




United Kingdom

United States of America