LibLynx for Selected Online Resources
Starting on 1 July 2021, Brill introduces a new access management system, called LibLynx, for selected Brill publications hosted on the following platforms:
LibLynx delivers cloud-based identity & access management and usage reporting for publishers. LibLynx will ultimately replace our current access management system found at subs.brillonline.com.
What the change to LibLynx means for you and your library patrons
The main change for you as a librarian will be the provision of usage statistics. LibLynx will provide access to COUNTER 5 statistics for a number of our online resources from 1 July 2021 onwards. On a product level, nothing will change for you and your library patrons.
Platforms and Publications affected by the transition to LibLynx
Access management and usage reporting for the following platforms and online reference works will be administrated by LibLynx:
1. All resources on the Scholarly Editions platform
- Ammianus Marcellinus Online
- Apuleius Online
- Classic Arabic Texts Online
- Context of Scripture Online, The
- Coptic Gnostic Library Online
- Dead Sea Scrolls Electronic Library – Biblical Texts
- Dead Sea Scrolls Electronic Library – Non-Biblical Texts
- Eustathius of Thessalonica, Commentary on the Iliad
- Eustathius of Thessalonica, Commentary on the Odyssey
- Flavius Josephus Online
- Gregorii Nysseni Opera Online
- Jacoby Online
- Maimonides’ Medical Works Online
- Peshitta Online
- Supplementum Epigraphicum Graecum Online
Library Patron Access
Access for library patrons will not be impacted by the introduction of LibLynx. The existing authentication methods, such as Shibboleth, Open Athens and IP recognition will remain intact.
Activating your administration account for LibLynx
On 1 July 2021, LibLynx will send you an email with a link to activate your account. The administrator portal can be found here: connect.liblynx.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which usage reports are available via LibLynx?
- LibLynx will commence compiling patron usage statistics starting 1 July 2021.
- COUNTER 5 reports for the prior month will become available on the 10th day of the following month.
Where can I find statistics from the former access management system?
- Reports before 1 July 2021 will be available at subs.brillonline.com, in the previous COUNTER 4 format until December 31, 2021.
- COUNTER 5 usage statistics will be collected starting 1 July 2021 for the publications as listed above.
Will I be able to view my institution’s holdings?
- LibLynx will show a list of subscribed or purchased publications in the administrator environment.
How do I check or update my institution’s IP addresses?
- You will be able to view your IP ranges from the administrator environment.
- To have your IP addresses updated, please contact email@example.com.
How do I update my institution’s administrator contact details?
- To update your institution’s admin details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I enable SAML authentication such as Shibboleth or OpenAthens?
- For customers already using Open Athens and Shibboleth for authentication, access will still be available on the new site. For those looking to set up such authentication, please message email@example.com for assistance.
How do I enable SUSHI?
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in order to have Brill enable SUSHI Reports for your institution.
Does this change affect my Proxy Server?
- If you are using EZProxy, please check the Brill stanzas here.
- Make sure the IP ranges associated with your proxy server are included in your IP range array in the LibLynx administrator environment.
How do I update my institution’s OpenURL profile to upload an institutional logo?
- These features will not be available in LibLynx.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.