LibLynx Access Management
Brill has introduced a new access management system, LibLynx, for selected Brill publications hosted on the following platforms:
- Brill Bibliographies
- BrillOnline: Chinese Reference Shelf
- BrillOnline: Dictionaries
- Scholarly Editions
- Lexikon der christlichen Ikonographie
- Yearbook of International Organizations
LibLynx delivers cloud-based identity & access management and usage reporting for publishers, and will ultimately replace our current access management system found at subs.brillonline.com.
What the change to LibLynx means for you and your library patrons
The main changes for you as a librarian are: a new account administrator portal and the provision of COUNTER 5 usage statistics for below resources. The latter will be available for download from your LibLynx administrator account. All historical usage statistics will remain to be available at subs.brillonline.com.
Which titles have migrated?
Access management and usage reporting for the following platforms and online reference works is controlled by LibLynx:
1. All resources on Brill Bibliographies
- ABIA - South and Southeast Asian Art and Archaeology Index
- Bibliography of Arabic Books Online
- Bibliography of the History and Archaeology of Eastern Europe in the Middle Ages
- Book History Online
- Bibliography of Slavic Linguistics Online
- International Aristotle Bibliography Online
- Index Islamicus
- Index Buddhicus
- Index to the Study of Religions
- Linguistic Bibliography
- Nag Hammadi Bibliography Online
2. All resources on Chinese Reference Shelf
- China Encyclopedic Reference
- Chinese-English Dictionary Online
- Le Grand Ricci Online
- The Ricci Dictionary of Chinese Law Online
3. All resources on BrillOnline Dictionaries
- Dictionary of Renaissance Latin from Prose Sources Online
- Indo-European Etymological Dictionaries Online
- Mediae Latinitatis Lexicon Minus Online
- KAHAL Online
- The Brill Dictionary of Ancient Greek Online
- The Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament Online
4. All resources on Scholarly Editions
- Ammianus Marcellinus Online
- Apuleius Online
- Classic Arabic Texts Online
- Context of Scripture Online, The
- Coptic Gnostic Library Online
- Dead Sea Scrolls Electronic Library – Biblical Texts
- Dead Sea Scrolls Electronic Library – Non-Biblical Texts
- Eustathius of Thessalonica, Commentary on the Iliad
- Eustathius of Thessalonica, Commentary on the Odyssey
- Flavius Josephus Online
- Gregorii Nysseni Opera Online
- Jacoby Online
- Maimonides’ Medical Works Online
- Peshitta Online
- Supplementum Epigraphicum Graecum Online
6. Chinese Iconography Thesaurus (CIT)
7. Yearbook of International Organizations (YIOO)
Library patron access
Liblynx supports the existing authentication methods, such as Shibboleth, Open Athens and IP recognition.
Activating your administration account for LibLynx
The administrator portal can be found here: connect.liblynx.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which usage reports are available via LibLynx?
- COUNTER 5 reports for the prior month will become available on the 10th day of the following month.
Where can I find statistics from the former access management system?
- For all resources on the Scholarly Editions platform, the Lexikon der christlichen Ikonographie Online and the Chinese Iconography Thesaurus, COUNTER 4 reports before 1 July 2021 will be available at subs.brillonline.com. COUNTER 5 usage statistics collected from 1 July 2021 onward for the publications as listed above can be downloaded from your LibLynx administrator account.
- For resources on the Chinese Reference Shelf and The Brill Online Dictionaries COUNTER 4 usage statistics will be available at subs.brillonline.com until 1 September 2022. From this date onward, COUNTER 5 usage statistics will be for the publications as listed above can be downloaded from your LibLynx administrator account.
Will I be able to view my institution’s holdings?
- LibLynx will show a list of subscribed or purchased publications in the administrator environment.
How do I check or update my institution’s IP addresses?
- You will be able to view your IP ranges from the administrator environment.
- To have your IP addresses updated, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I update my institution’s administrator contact details?
- To update your institution’s admin details, please contact email@example.com.
How do I enable SAML authentication such as Shibboleth or OpenAthens?
- For customers already using Open Athens and Shibboleth for authentication, access will still be available on the new site. For those looking to set up such authentication, please message firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
How do I enable SUSHI?
- Please contact email@example.com in order to have Brill enable SUSHI Reports for your institution.
Does this change affect my Proxy Server?
- If you are using EZProxy, please check the Brill stanzas here.
- Make sure the IP ranges associated with your proxy server are included in your IP range array in the LibLynx administrator environment.
How do I update my institution’s OpenURL profile to upload an institutional logo?
- These features will not be available in LibLynx.
For more information, or if you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.