Open Access Charges
|Monograph or Edited Volume*||€ 10,000*||$ 12,200|
|Contribution to Edited Volume||€ 1,100**||$ 1,400|
|Article in Subscription Journal||€ 2,295***||$ 2,595|
|Article in Full Open Access Journal||Please view the journal's web page|
|Special Issue||Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org|
*For average-size projects up to 250 pages and 100,000 words.
**For chapters up to 35 pages and 15,000 words.
***For articles up to 35 pages and 15,000 words.
Please note these charges serve as guidelines. The charge for an Open Access book or chapter is determined for each title individually, based on the number of pages and expected costs. These charges are exclusive of any applicable VAT.
Convert your work to Open Access after publication
If you have already published your article, book, or chapter with Brill, it is possible to convert it to Open Access after publication. The Open Access charge is discounted based on the year of publication. Please reach out to email@example.com for more information.
- Author support throughout publishing process by dedicated Associate Editor and/or Production Editor
- Peer review
- Cover design
- XML metadata
- Registration in CrossRef Database
- PDF & E-Book / E-Journal production
- Books: Print edition
- Free author copies of the print book and E-Book
- International marketing and sales
- Open Access Creative Commons 4.0 License
- Distribution to reputable Open Access platforms such as DOAJ, DOAB, OAPEN and JSTOR
- Freely accessible online immediately upon publication
- Inclusion in discovery services: such as Google Scholar; ProQuest; EBSCO
- Printed copies for review and marketing purposes
- Digital preservation via Portico and/or CLOCCKS and national libraries
- Compliance with Open Access policy of all major research funders