On this page you will find information concerning Brill's Supervisory Board and Management Board. Please scroll down for further details.
Steven Perrick (1949, Dutch), Chairman of the Supervisory Board
Mr. Perrick was appointed Chairman to the Board in August 2016. His current term runs until 2020.
- Attorney at Spinath & Wakkie, Amsterdam
- Professor occupying an endowed chair in civil law at Amsterdam University
- Chairman Stichting Ammodo
- Board Member Stichting Continuïteit NN Group
- Board Member Stichting Preferred Shares Mylan
- Deputy Judge at the court of justice in Arnhem
- Editor and advisor of law publications
Catherine Lucet (1959, French), Member of the Supervisory Board
Mrs. Lucet was appointed to the Board in 2013. Her current term runs until 2017.
- Managing Director of Editis Education & Réference
- Vice President of Cap Digital, the French business cluster for digital contents and services
- Casino (Retailer): Independent Board member and member of the Audit Committee
Robin Hoytema van Konijnenburg (1957, Dutch), Member of the Supervisory Board
Mr. Hoytema van Konijnenburg was appointed to the Board in 2015 and his current term runs till 2019.
- Senior Director Pensions Governance of Heineken International B.V.
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Roeminck Insurance NV
- Board member Vereniging Effectenuitgevende Ondernemingen (VEUO)
- Board member American Chamber of Commerce in the Netherlands
- Chairman of Stichting Heineken Pensioenfonds
- Chairman of the Scottish & Newcastle Pension Scheme
- Board member of the Heineken Afrika Foundation
Catherine Lucet, Steven Perrick, and Robin Hoytema van Konijnenburg
Herman Pabbruwe, Chief Executive
Herman Pabbruwe graduated from Leiden University (History of Art). His first job was in museum management and city planning before he joined Kluwer Academic Publishers (KAP) in 1982. Leading to his appointment as the President of KAP in 1994, he was responsible for global distribution, IT, marketing, sales and customer relations. In 1996 he was appointed CEO of Wolters Kluwer’s Law Division in the Netherlands. From 1999 through 2001 Herman was the CEO of Wolters Kluwer Health and Science, operating from Philadelphia. During 2002 and 2003 he was an independent consultant in Washington DC and non executive director of several technology companies in the USA. In 2004 Herman joined Brill as its CEO. Throughout his career Herman served on the boards of a number of industry associations and committees such as ECIDIS, STM, IPRO, NUV/UVW and CLIR.
Peter Coebergh, Executive Vice-President Sales and Marketing
Peter Coebergh served as President Corporate & Healthcare Markets at Springer Science + Business Media, and member of the Management Board. Previously Peter Coebergh worked at Springer as President of STM Sales ROW (2007-2011) and as Vice-President Library Sales ROW (2004 to 2007). Before he joined Springer he was Sales Director at Kluwer Academic Publishers (2001 to 2004) and Marketing Director of Kluwer - Business Unit Legal (1999 to 2001). He held various International Marketing and Sales positions abroad at Royal BolsWessanen from 1991 to 1999. In 1987 he obtained a Master in Law in Dutch civil law from Leiden University.
Olivier de Vlam, Executive Vice-President Finance and Operations
Olivier de Vlam holds an MSc degree in Business Economics from University of Groningen. He started his career 20 years ago at Wolters Kluwer and has held different positions in Finance both in the Netherlands and abroad, among others FP&A, operational auditing, M&A, ERP implementation and general finance management.
Jasmin Lange, Executive-Vice President Publishing
Jasmin Lange holds a PhD in Book History from the University of Mainz, Germany. Before joining Brill she worked for Ernst Klett in Germany, Blackwell's in the UK and for an international academic network based at the University of Edinburgh. After moving to Brill in 2011 she specialized in M&A, content acquisition, new business models, licensing and open access.