The Foreign Law Guide is updated every month. Download more information about the latest updates here.
Now offering coverage of the United States.
Each jurisdictional entry provides reliable information, such as:
• An introductory overview of the legal system and legal history;
• An outline of the judicial and legislative system;
• Primary and secondary sources of law and legal information;
• Links to major online sources;
• Identification of major legal publications.
The unique “Materials Indexed” feature presents a list of publications that provide full-text legislation, summaries of laws or translations, or detailed monographic treatment of laws on specific subjects, and serves as an important development tool for foreign and comparative legal collections.
Published by Brill since 2012, the FLG is now presented in a revised and increasingly user-friendly environment. Supporting the already well-established FLG brand, the new database offers a revised structure for the presentation of the rich content for each country, implementing the following enhancements:
• Improved content organization and structure;
• Upgraded search and browsing functionality allowing users to save, send, and email results;
• Streamlined and reorganized subject headings;
• Copy and paste functionality for Word processing;
• Advanced search capabilities;
• Personal preferences options allow researchers to access search history, and export search results to bibliographic software.
Long the standard research tool for researching foreign and comparative law, the FLG will continue to serve as the single-most important guide for librarians, students, practitioners and academics.
See also our Tips for Effective Browsing Brochure and/or User Guide Video.