Encyclopaedia of the Qur’ān Online is a reference work about Qurʾanic terms, concepts, personalities, place names, cultural history and exegesis. Extensive, in-depth articles describing the state of the art in this vibrant field of research, and essays on the most important themes and subjects within Qurʾanic studies make
EQ Online an indispensable resource for scholars and students, as well as a broader interested readership.
Updates, new content, and review essays reflect the dynamic development of the field of Qurʾanic studies.
EQ Online expands its scope to cover new important subject areas, such as:
- Qurʾanic manuscripts, material culture, and the history of printing the Qurʾan
- Qurʾanic exegesis, hermeneutics, and the Qurʾanic sciences
- famous surahs, segments, or verses of the Qurʾan
- Qurʾanic recitation, devotional and pedagogical practices
- global dimensions of scholarship on the Qurʾan
- new insights into the Qurʾan’s linguistic and social milieu
- pre-Islamic intertexts