The Search Engine for International Law and Arbitration
Winner of the ALPSP Award for Innovation in Publishing 2020. Read more.
Jus Mundi - Academic Research brings international law out of the archives and into the 21st century.
Jus Mundi – Academic Research is a comprehensive, multilingual, user-friendly and intelligent search engine for international law and arbitration. It covers over 46,000 international law and arbitration documents, including investment arbitration, commercial arbitration, public international law, law of the sea, and international trade-law. Jus Mundi has international cases from more than 100 institutions globally, namely, WTO, ICSID, ICC, ICJ, CAS, PCA, ICDR, IUSCT, ITLOS, SCC, LCIA, ICAC, RAC, SIAC, HKIAC, Mixed Claims Commissions, and ad hoc arbitration tribunals established under the UNCITRAL rules. Commercial arbitration documents including arbitral awards are made available through Jus Mundi thanks to our partnerships with the IBA, ICC, RAC, and more.
Jus Mundi – Academic Research offers several advanced linguistic features and more than a dozen filters to narrow down search criteria. Its user-friendly interface is ideally suited for use by law students, researchers, legal practitioners, judges and others interested in carrying out legal research.
• Structured and interactive documents
• Multilingual and intelligent search engine
• Preview of relevant paragraphs
• Interactive filters
• CiteMap, a user-friendly catalogue of interconnections between legal references
• Wiki Notes for a concise summary of legal concepts
Jus Mundi – Academic Research is exceptional due to its:
• Unique Content: Jus Mundi offers the most comprehensive collection of public international law and investment arbitration documents. Key materials in international law are interactive. Document text has been extracted from a scanned original PDF version, manually corrected, structured by paragraph or page, with an interactive table of content, and then enriched with keywords.
• Comprehensive legal research: Jus Mundi provides more comprehensive and relevant search results in a dynamic online environment, allowing tailored search parameters in an iterative process. Further, when a legal query is entered in English or French, the search engine finds relevant results in all languages available in the database.
• Faster Legal Research : Due to Jus Mundi’s technology and advanced web interface, the time necessary to undertake international legal research is drastically reduced. Interactive filters allow for precise searching. The screen for displaying the results enables a quick review of the relevant documents. It is convenient to navigate from one legal document to another using hyperlinks and CiteMap for related documents.
Academics, researchers, librarians and students of international, foreign and comparative law will find Jus Mundi – Academic Research an indispensable and time-saving resource.
Praise for Jus Mundi:
"Lost in quotation? Jus Mundi is of great help and will reduce your time in finding the right one both in public international law and investment arbitration." - Alain Pellet, Former Member and Chairperson of the UN International Law Commission "International law is not just relevant but critical for the modern world. Jus Mundi has a very important function to perform in creating awareness and upholding the international rule of law through access to legal resources." - Dr. Aniruddha Rajput, Member of the UN International Law Commission "Gathering texts and case-law in a way which is accessible is of the utmost importance." - Pr. Jean-Marc Thouvenin, Secretary-General of The Hague Academy for International Law "Jus Mundi is a very ambitious project, aiming to make international law accessible to the legal community around the world." - Dr. Affef Ben Mansour, Member of the ICC International Court of Arbitration