Winner of the 2018 Choice Outstanding Academic Title Award.
Yearbook of International Organizations Online provides a comprehensive database of intergovernmental (IGOs) and international non-governmental organizations (INGOs) worldwide. Free from print restrictions, the
Yearbook Online covers over 67,000 international organizations – federations, scholarly societies, associations and transnational actors of all types – in all corners of the world, over centuries of history, and is updated on a regular basis by a dedicated editorial team. The new, flexible interface presents fully searchable content, and provides extensive hyperlinks between organization profiles and websites.
Features and Benefits - Complete access to the whole organization database corresponding to the full six-volume set in print through a single interface
- Over 67,000 searchable international organizations including IGOs and INGOs in 300 countries and territories at your users’ disposal
- Direct access to organizations’ websites and contact information
- Graphic presentation of the network of international organizations
- Descriptions include the history, structure, staff, languages, members, etc. of organizations
- Covers organizations’ aims, activities, events and publications
- Provides biographies of key officers of a large portion of the organizations
- Offers statistical information and analyses, geographical and subject indexes
- Updated every 6-8 weeks on a regular basis
- Approximately 1,200 new organizations added each year
The Union of International Associations (UIA) is a research institute and documentation centre, based in Brussels. It was founded over one hundred years ago, by Henri La Fontaine (Nobel Peace Prize laureate of 1913), and Paul Otlet, a founding father of what is now called information science. Non-profit, apolitical, independent, and non-governmental in nature, the UIA has been a pioneer in the research, monitoring and provision of information on international organizations, international associations and their global challenges since 1907. For more information, visit:
“The Yearbook of International Organizations
is the definitive directory of more than 75,000 governmental and non-governmental nonprofit organizations worldwide, including both active and dormant entities. […] The fact that the organizations themselves are the principal sources speaks to the credibility of the information in the profiles […] the annual subscription to the digital version is the obvious choice […] Summing Up: Highly recommended” Read the full review
hereD. Ettinger, George Washington University, in
Choice, March 2018 Vol. 55 No. 7.