Gregory of Nyssa Online gives you access to both the Gregorii Nysseni Opera Online and the Lexicon Gregorianum Online. Together, these two resources provide the ultimate online critical text edition of Gregory of Nyssa's works based on all available known manuscripts. Gregory of Nyssa Online is introduced with a complete discussion of the textual transmission and accompanied by indices, extensive annotations on biblical, classical and patristic sources, and the most comprehensive Greek–German dictionary ever produced of the language used by Gregory of Nyssa (the Lexicon Gregorianum). Each online resource is also available as individual product. Learn more about Gregorii Nysseni Opera Online and Lexicon Gregorianum Online.
Gregorii Nysseni Opera Online:
• Greek corpus of texts of Gregory of Nyssa, an online "primary source"
• Complete and unabridged: conversion of 60 texts originating from 17 hardback GNO volumes (later 18 volumes) totaling over 3000 pages
• Text 15 (III 3), De Anima et Resurrectione added in 2013, and text 20 (IV 2) De hominis opificio in the next years
• Greek texts, prefaces, Conspectus Codicum, Conspectus Siglorum, Prefaces, Texts, including critical apparatus, Appendices and Indices
Lexicon Gregorianum Online • 10 hardback volumes totaling more than 13,000 entries, >6500 pages
• Translation Greek–German
• Complete vocabulary of Gregory of Nyssa, exemplary for 4th-century Greek in general
• The only dictionary available specifically addressing the vocabulary of late Classical Greek
• Includes Volume 10, Proper Names Dictionary Greek–German–English
• Technologically advanced, indispensable research tool for all philological, philosophical and theological research on Gregory of Nyssa, the Greek Church Fathers, Church history and Late Antique thought
Please contact our sales team for more information on prices and licensing.
Gregory of Nyssa Online Ekkehard Mühlenberg is Professor of Church History Emeritus (University of Göttingen). He has published in patristics and edited Oratio catechetica as well as Epistula Canonica by Gregory of Nyssa. He directs a research institute of the Patristische Kommission at the Göttingen Academy of Sciences.
Friedhelm Mann, until 2009 affiliated with the Forschungsstelle Gregor von Nyssa der Westfälischen Wilhelms-Universität Münster.
Giulio Maspero, Ph.D. (1999, 2003) in Physics (Milan, Italy) and in Theology (Pamplona, Spain), is presently Associate Professor of Systematic Theology at the Pontifical University of the Holy Cross (Rome). He has published on Gregory of Nyssa's Trinitarian doctrine.
Gregorii Nysseni Opera Online is the indispensable online reference text for any philological, philosophical and theological research on Gregory of Nyssa, the Greek Church Fathers, Church history and Late Antique thought in general.
The Lexicon Gregorianum Online is an indispensable tool for any philological, philosophical and theological research on Gregory of Nyssa, the Greek Church Fathers, Church history and Late Antique thought in general.