Jeremy C.A. Smith, Ph.D. (1996) in Social Theory, University of Melbourne, lectures in sociology at the University of Ballarat (Australia). He has published research in historical sociology and social theory in relation to Europe, the Americas and Japan.
S. N. Eisenstadt
1. Atlantic Modernity and Its Dimensions
2. Civilizational Sociology and the Atlantic
3. Absolutism and Post-absolutism in Europe's Empires
4. Civilization and Pre-colonial Traditions
5. 'Discovery' in the West
6. Mercantilism, Slavery and the Part Played by the Transatlantic Empires in the Formation
7. Communities of the Colonial Order
8. War and Imperial Re-Division between Utrecht and the Seven Years War
9. 'Raising the Decibels': Republican Revolutions of the Colonial Order
10. The Atlantic's Distinct Modernity
All those interested in comparative and historical sociology, civilizations analysis and the history of imperial state formation, colonialism and capitalism.